I will not tell you what to do. It is your business and you make all the decisions.
What I will do is work with you to examine all aspects of your business in detail. I will ask questions, offer perspectives and feedback and guide you through your options. I will help you move from your Comfort Zone through Fear, Decisions, Learning and Growth to your Success Zone.
When you make the decisions you are much more likely to embrace them, act on them and be accountable for them. When you do this you will get results!
As your coach, I will help you in 3 primary ways
1. Plans, Processes and Tools. Together we will work through a proven systematic process specifically designed to take your business to the next level. I will provide resources, tools, strategies, tactics and plans to assist you to get things done.
2. Engaging Dialogue, Focused Training and Guidance and Transparent Feedback and Perspectives. It can be very challenging to see things clearly when you are immersed in your business. I will help you to see the whole picture and get your working on and not just in your business.
3. Authority, Responsibility and Accountability. This is the 3 legged stool of leadership and stewardship. If one leg is missing the stool cannot stand alone. I will be your accountability coach helping you stay focused and on track to your Success Zone.
The most important work we will do together will be the constant focus on self improvement, personally and professionally.
For things to change, you have to change
For things to get better, you have to get better.
We are going to work on 3 main categories
Developing Business and Leadership Skills. Most business owners start with little to no formal business training or experience in team building and leadership. Some of the concepts and ideas we will address include
- how to identify key talent
- how to delegate effectively
- how to run effective team meetings
- how to read and understand financial statements and reports
- how to be an outstanding communicator
Mindset, Beliefs and Confidence. It is completely normal to feel discomfort and even fear when faced with a challenging business situation you have not been trained or prepared to handle. I will support and encourage you in the following areas
- work on your limiting beliefs especially in the areas of marketing and sales that most business struggle with
- be more engaging, transparent, assertive and confident in your communications
- clearly understand your value proposition and have confidence in your pricing and profit structure
- preparing for challenging or even confronting personnel situations
Accountability and Success Habits. Change is inevitable - suffering is optional! Creating new habits takes both effort and time and a commitment to staying the course. Some of the habits we will work on include
- becoming better at setting short and long term objectives (goals) and being held accountable to completing and delivering on those objectives
- years ago I coined what I now call one of my matras: Management is the Science of Reaction - Leadership is the Art of Action! In practice this mean learning to be more proactive and less reactive in your style, approach and strategies for handling people and challenges
- becoming an expert at spending the majority of your time on high fun and high outcomes activities by delegating or ignoring work better done by others
- getting incredibly focused and efficient at spending time 'ON' and not 'IN' your business
Plan Meticulously and Execute Flawlessly. This is one of my 4 Pillars of Sales Training but it applies to all business planning. Unfortunately most business owners have limited experience in how to systematically and with purpose work through a deliberate process to arrive at options that lead to a decision. Equally important is the plan that follows the decision to actually deliver on the desired outcome. You will learn this process and be astonished at how it empowers you moving forward.
Measure, Manage, Adapt and Adjust. No plan survives contact with the (fill in the rest - customer, vendor, employee, etc). What is critical is understanding that the planning process actually identifies and anticipates these hiccups and prepares for how to manage them on the fly without losing a beat. True long term sustained success comes from your ability to adapt and adjust and teach it to your team.
If you are the only person who is empowered to make decisions or solve problems, you are the bottleneck for growth and success.
Owners build and implement Systems and those Systems in turn inform and run the business. These systems include job descriptions, training manuals and operating procedures.
Here is the key:
Well led and managed businesses run on these Systems.
As the Owner your role is to lead the people running the Systems.
Together we will create systems for
- Marketing and Sales
Our Agreement. Our relationship will be based on mutual trust and respect. As your coach, I will provide you with the tools, techniques, advice and support you need. As the business owner, you will meet your time and effort commitments and be totally vested in the process to work on and improve your business outcomes and results.
I do not ask for a long term commitment. If we find it is not working out for either of us we simply admit that and move on - no harm, no foul.
The Investment. Coaching is an investment and must deliver an ROI. By diligently completing the initial assessment and quickly fixing 'low hanging fruit' type problems I strive to generate more than enough new revenue and gross margin to cover my costs. The long term compounded and accumulative effects of coaching will be enduring. The lessons learned can be applied long term to other personal and professional ventures.
My fees begin at $1250 per month and most clients will typically work with me for between 9 and 15 months.
My Guarantee. Assuming we are a good fit and you keep up with your end of the agreement, my guarantee is that after 4 months of coaching, you will have paid for your investment with new business or I will continue working with you at no cost until we achieve that milestone or for 4 months, whichever comes first.
Coaching begins when you make a decision and a commitment.
Remember that Commitment is doing what you said you would do long after the emotion has left you! The most important commitment you will make is your time. Once it is gone it is gone forever so we have to make best use of it and drive outcomes and results as quickly as possible.
State of the Business. We will kick off with you doing a comprehensive assessment and analysis of your business. We need to know exactly where you are right now, identify the key problems and challenges you are facing and where we need to focus first. Our first weekly meeting will be specifically tailored to complete that review and determine immediate next steps in the context of an initial 90 day plan.
Weekly Meetings. We will meet weekly on a virtual platform. These meetings will be structured and organized. We will use the meetings to provide personalized one on one coaching. We will be highly focused on giving you the education and support you need whether it is in sales and marketing, finance, operations or personal and professional development.
If coaching with me is something of interest and you would like to learn more, you have 2 options. You can book a private and confidential 15 minute exploratory call with me. If you would prefer you can register for my next webinar. I look forward to meeting you soon!
At Take Action Results we work with you using the Socratic method which is a form of dialogue. It is based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions.
Phone +1 778-833-3240